I steam cleaned the motor and went to work getting it running again. I had very bad spark but after a new rotor cap that problem was solved, the next thing was the water pump, it seamed to be seized up but after taking it off I found that it was just jammed with a bunch of crud. I got it running today and even took it for a little drive around the parking lot at the shop. I wanted to make sure all the gears work seeing that these transmissions have a tendency of losing reverse. But it drove just fine and the motor sounded smooth. I'll get a gasket for the water pump and then I'll get her home so I can pull the motor and transmission to re-seal and paint!